Wednesday, July 7, 2010

New Blog Series - What I Learned Today

I've been thinking about starting a new series of posts on my blog. I realize that I haven't been a faithful blogger, but somewhere near the end of the school year, I had the idea that what I should really be doing with this blog is "noticing". Noticing things about my classroom, my students, my own children, whatever I stumble across that can help me refine and expand my abilities as an educator. I was always encouraged in college to complete formative and summative assessments of my work, but I was never very good at making that formal step; this series of posts will hopefully help me to be a more reflective educator while also providing anyone who might also read the opportunity to think about a point that has come up naturally in my teaching career. I hope that any readers enjoy these posts (and that they keep me honest about blogging consistently in order to use this tool effectively).

No comments:

Post a Comment